Re: [squid-users] Squid takes too long....

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:26:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Hernan Dario Arredondo wrote:

> I think this can be a problem with the dns server... but.. I don`t
> know... anybody had a similar problem ?? Exist a script for check the
> perfomance of squid.

There is three common causes to these symptoms

 a) Being within a firewall requiring the use of a parent proxy without
explicitly telling Squid that it is inside a firewall and MUST use the
parent... (see FAQ on firewall)

 b) DNS problems

 c) If your Squid is swapping then any performance is out of the window