Re: [squid-users] Re: Réf. : [squid-users] Problem with password authentication in 2.5

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:07:33 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Niall O Broin wrote:

> No, the file isn't missing, and squid IS starting (at least, there are
> one or two processes) but it seems the main process gets stuck somehow
> starting ncsa_auth, because I get no more messages in cache.log, and
> there are no ncsa_auth processes. But yet if I simply do

Ok. This symptom I know.

You have set up firewalling on the loopback device, preventing your server
from reaching itself over loopback. This will cause Squid to hang during
startup waiting for communication to open to the helper process...

Check your firewall rules, and make sure the loopback device is not
firewalled.