Re: [squid-users] I did dig and nslookup the command already and see my file logs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:48:31 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, admin wrote:

> I doing dig and nslookup to zeus.selecmar.transnet.cu and see my logs

Please try some Internet names.. As a sanity check Squid looks for the
following domains on startup netscape.com internic.net nlanr.net
microsoft.com (dns_testnames) and at least one of them must be found for
Squid to be happy.

If you are on an internal firewalled network without Internet DNS access
then start Squid with the -D option to disable the DNS sanity checks. Also
make sure to read the Squid FAQ on how to configure Squid within a
firewall to avoid some very common pitfalls.