Re: [squid-users] can't login to hotmail and other weird problems

From: Manu C S <manu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:21:34 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

>I'm running the latest build of squid 2.5 stable5
>and browsing most websites it seems fine,
>but when trying to load hotmail.com it doesn't happen,
>or trying to click on the attach button in yahoo email it just times out. Its very weird. My access list seems fine as far as I can see, but yeah... I will post the config below. But its very weird and I just can't for the life of me work out why its working for some site and not others???? I'm also using webmin, the latest version to admin it, on a mandrake box.

Are you able to access atleast the hotmail login page?
Does it fail when you enter name & password and try to connect?

Don't know if this'll help...
I was facing the same problem a few days ago where I was able to browse
most sites but could not login to hotmail.

When I checked my proxy settings, I found that I had set
only 'http' proxy settings. When I added the same settings for
'secure' (some versions of IE have provision where you can enter
separate proxies for different protocols) it worked fine.

Regards,
Manu