Re: [squid-users] Cache not refreshing

From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:58:26 -0300

* Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> [23-03-2004 19:38]:
> > I think these are the relevant lines. They were taken the first time I
> > tried to open the url:
> >
> > 1080047467.580 1 cerberus.elnet.grupomk TCP_HIT/200 942 GET http://www.ministeriokoinonyadelouvor.com.br/ lofofora NONE/- text/html
>
> This was fresh in the cache. See refresh_pattern.
>
> > 1080047467.602 22 cerberus.elnet.grupomk TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/404 1177 GET http://www.ministeriokoinonyadelouvor.com.br/_site/shop_home.cfm lofofora NONE/- text/html
>
> This was known to not exists.. see negative_ttl
>
> > 1080047469.352 1668 cerberus.elnet.grupomk TCP_MISS/404 3011 GET http://www.ministeriokoinonyadelouvor.com.br/favicon.ico lofofora DIRECT/200.255.218.31 text/html
>
> And this was not found..

That's the strange thing. The page was there. Is there any chance squid
will cache the 404, and when people try to access, they will get the
404, regardless of the fact there is something there now?
I've just got the same experience again. A file on the web server was
deleted, but it would still show in the browser. That is, until I forced
a browser refresh.
Perhaps I should tweak my refresh_pattern settings? The default seems to
be causing some trouble.

Thanks.

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: bruno@lustosa.net
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477