Re: [squid-users] SSH access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:19:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, David THOMAS wrote:

> The problem: I have to access a remote server via SSH. But a firewall
> disallows the access to the port 22.

Ok.

> If I install squid on my remote server, could I configure it to forward
> the port 85 (for instance, an opened port) to the port 22 ? So I can
> configure my SSH software for reaching a proxy server (my remote server)
> with the port 85.

What you should do is to talk to the firewall administrator and ask for
permission to use SSH.

In most situations it is a criminal or disloyal act to try to break out
from imposed firewalling restrictions. The restrictions are there for a
reason and the one responsible for this reason is most likely not seeing
easy on people intentionally evading the restriction knowing such
restriction exists. Be careful.