[squid-users] filedescriptor problem

From: Jay W. Reffner <reffner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:00:45 -0500

Let me apologize in advance...I know filedescriptors have been talked
about before on the list but...

I'm running OpenBSD 3.4 and squid 2.5 Stable5 running in transparent
mode. As soon as I start squid up and redirect my http traffic from my
L4 switch to it, within about 20 seconds, I start receiving messages in
cache.log that I'm running out of filedescriptors. It's a fresh install
of OpenBSD with the kernel params set as:

openfiles=1024
maxfiles=5000

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

TIA,
Jay