Re: [squid-users] Squid 3 Compile

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:27:10 +0530

> Trying to compile squid 3 with --disable-internal-dns ... constantly
> get dnsserver.cc error during make process.
> Tried on redhat 7.2, RHEL AS 3, Debian 3+.
> Problem does not occur with squid 2.x
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.

>It's warning, where's the _error_ message?

I think you are using the RHEL Advanced Server-3.0.It will normally say the
deprication errors and also report as "ccplus warnings are treated as errors"

-WERROR flag will give these type of errors on the AS type of servers.I hope if you compile the
squid without these flag you won't get those errors.

What is ur gcc version. If your gcc version is old (like 2.98 ) it will state these type of errors.
It is good to upgrade the age of gcc.

Regards,
Muthukumar.