Re: [squid-users] Cache Size Limitation

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:29:47 +0200

On 29.03 08:52, trainier@kalsec.com wrote:
> Nothing other than a "your cache limit has been reached", about 300
> messages saying the same thing. I wanted a core file to see what squid
> was doing.
> but, after I sent it a signal 6, it only aborted and didn't write a core
> file. My squid.conf is pasted below. Perhaps my core_dir isn't set
> properly. Squid does have write access to that directory.

> cache_mem 4048 MB

what architecture? 32bit architectures usually do not support that much
RAM for one process.

> maximum_object_size 1000000 KB

That's 1GB - too much imho

> cache_dir ufs /services/squid/var/cache 4048 16 256
> cache_swap_low 95
> cache_swap_high 99

and nearly 4GB on filesystem. What's the filesystem size?
squid cache size should be maximally 90% of the silesystem's size, if the
filesystem usage gets too big, the system load will get too high.