[squid-users] Monitoring users in real time

From: Doug Kite <dkite@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:17:24 -0500

In searching through archives, I see this mentioned from time to time, but never
a great solution. Is there a tool for monitoring users in real time?

I set up a proxy for a school and the admin can do all user setup through
Webmin, daily reports come via html from Calamaris or Sarg. Since the admin does
not have command line access to the box, 'tail -f access.log | grep user' is not
really an option.

Squid is set up for basic auth, so what I would need to see is a username and
the sites they have accessed in the last few minutes.

I have seen squidtaild, but it does not appear to be supported any more(?)

Any ideas or tools to suggest? There must be something out there to do this...

Thanks,
Doug