[squid-users] Performance

From: <VRavi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:38:54 +0530

Hi,

It seems that there is a lot of performance degradation if I introduce
squid in my network. If I connect to a site without squid directly through
my firewall, the response is quick and fast. If I connect the same
workstation though the squid proxy which is directly connected to internet
the response very slow.

Is it expected behavior or some thing wrong with my configuration.

My HW config is P4 1.7 GHZ Compaq desktop system with 512 MB RAM and IDE
HDD.

The SW config is RH 9.0 and squid 2.5 stable 5.

Could anyone give me suggestion or comment on this.

Thanks

Ravi