[squid-users] New to Squid: Few questions on capability

From: Jason Williams <jwilliams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:19:07 -0800

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the Squid mailing list here. Although I have a little bit of
experience working with squid in the past, I haven't in awhile and was
hoping to get some feedback on a couple of questions about capability
options of squid.

We are looking to deploy a type of proxy server to force our users to go
through. Squid is a proxy that comes to mind and comes highly recommended.

Some of the things we are looking for:

-ability to block types of web sites, web sites etc.
-can we block outgoing access by IP, or groups IP's
-ability to generate log reports
-ability to set logon hours

We have a couple different departments that need different types of access
to the internet, thus it is important that we can define rules that say
which department (each department has a set range of IP's) can go where.

I appreciate the help.

Jason