Re: [squid-users] User ACLs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:10:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Bradley Glonka wrote:

> My ACLs. My goal is to deny access by default
> And then add back sites to certain users.

In Squid you need to go about this the opposite way..

allow certain users access to certain sites
deny everything else

> I know my authentication is working.
> WIDE_OPEN is a list of users who should have wide
> Open access

Then this needs to be allowed before the rest is denied.. nothing special.

This is probably of help for you:

Squid FAQ Chapter 10 Access Controls
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html>

in particular the introduction section describing how http_access works
for building slightly more complex rules.