Re: [squid-users] FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

From: unixware <datareactor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:24:09 -0800 (PST)

> a) How many requests/s? (5 min average)

65-90 req/sec

> b) How many open connections? (number of
> filedescriptors in use)

2500-3500 open connections

Current File descriptor in use 2800

We Provide and Interent Over Cable and Dialup Services

at peak hours around 3800 cable modems and 600 dialup
modem are on line .

we have 4 Squid boxes with following Specs

Pentitum III 1200 MHz Entry Level Server
RAM 2 GB
3 SCSI Disk ( one for OS ) ( other for Cache )
i am not using more 8 GB for cache for each drive
OS Redhat 9 ( Mode Transparent using WCCP )
File system Reierfs
squid compiled with 16384 file descriptor
using AUFS

Is switching other OS like FreeBSd helps ??
or Compiling linux kernel with specfic option
aslo thinking adding other Scsi drive for cache

i want to get maxium performance from my Hardware

Your input will be very helpful ..

Thanks and Regards

UW