Re: [squid-users] Zero sized reply: differences between squid 2.4and 2.5

From: Frank Neumann <frank.neumann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:04:45 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Frank Neumann wrote:
>
> > we have an application running internal that posts data to an external
> > web site using HTTP. With squid 2.4.7 this used to work fine. After
> > upgrading to squid 2.5.5 the application wasn't able to post the data
> > anymore. The request fails with an 503 error code and a zero sized reply
> > error message.
>
> Anything in cache.log?
>
> What is said in access.log?

Neither cache.log nor access.log give useful hints. What I can see is that
HTTP conversation actually takes place(always a post request with response
200 followed by one with response 503). There must be some kind of
authorisation of the application against the web server (application) which
in my opinion fails due to improper response from the web server. I even
sniffered around but couldn't find anything that answers the question. The
payload of the post is encrypted so there is nothing to see.
My hope was that you could tell me where squid 2.5.5 is more strict than
2.4.7 so that the 503 response will be generated. With that information I
want to trigger the vendor of the application to work around the problem (the
application was originally designed to use SOCKS and was ported to use HTTP
so there could be implementation issues). I checked the FAQ but that doesn't
seem to fit.

Thanks,
Frank