Re: [squid-users] WARNING: Disk space over limit in Version 2.5.STABLE5

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:32:42 +0200

On 05.04 13:25, Elsen Marc wrote:
> The reason for my reply is that you are hitting the ball wrong :
>
> The messages comes from Squid not the OS and hence the issue
> reported is SQUID related.

That's why I asked where do you see this error. You didn't explicitly tell
us that the error war in cache_log. I saw similar message in kernel logs
on some systems so I thought maybe this is the problem.

> If disk quota would play a roll, and SQUID would be enforced
> to use >OS< related disk quota then various other problems
> would occur when squid would exhaust this value, such
> as the ability to write 'swap' files, write in log files
> e.d. Which would probably lead to 'fatal' conditions, I presume.

If you reach the quota, you are just unable to write and all your
attempts fail. It's up to the program trying to write what it will do
then.

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.