Re: [squid-users] Re: a squid-users mailing list problem

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:55:27 +0200

On 05.04 20:06, Adam Aube wrote:
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>
> > I get two times every message that is sent to the squid-users list and to
> > me, that is, every message that is sent to squid-users list while I am in
> > To: or Cc: header.
>
> > Does anyone have the same problem?
>
> This is because people use "Reply-All" and don't take the original sender
> out of the message. You can correct this by setting Reply-To to the list
> address when you post (see your mail client's documentation for details).

My mail client (mutt) has possibility for defining mailing lists and I use
list-reply which only sends followup to list. It (mutt) also sets up
list. However it's people that use Reply-to-all for mailing me, which I
can't affect.

The true problem is that someone in this list resends all such mail to me,
which he shouldn't do.

I tried to mail that person, its postmaster and the list admin - when
nothing worked, I asked for help in public...
I hope that person will be kicked off the list until (s)he fixes that
behaviour.

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm