[squid-users] Squid --- File cache

From: Michael Gale <michael.gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:35:56 -0600

Hello,

        I manager wants us to look at a ISA server to to replace our existing linux
firewall with squid. God only knows why since the box is running great and we
have had NO problems with squid or the firewall features.

Anyways ... so I was reading up the ISA server and so far have only found very
vague technical descriptions and think we will stay with squid.

Anyways the ISA web cache is supposed to be able to cache files that are
downloaded. I have never noticed if squid does this, but is there a limit on the
size of a cache file. For example if I download a M$ service pack --- could it
stay in cache for everyone else to download ?

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator