[squid-users] Re: auth_param

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:45:12 -0400

Bernard PRE wrote:

> auth_param ntlm program /etc/squid/mysql_auth.php
> auth_param ntlm children 5
> auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
> auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 20 minutes
>
> But if I launh two times IE, I always be asked for Username and Password
> (each times)
>
> ==> I have try to set auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 20 but i have
> the same issue
>
> What is wrong in my config file ?

You posted a similar message earlier using that same helper program for
basic auth. Basic auth helpers and NTLM auth helpers work in completely
different ways - you can't just change the auth type in squid.conf and keep
using the same auth program.

Furthermore, NTLM requires a Windows-style domain to authenticate against.
Unless you have such a domain already and want to integrate Squid's
authentication with it, don't bother with NTLM.

Adam