[squid-users] Problem configuring squid 2.5 with --enable-ipf-transparent on Solaris 9.

From: <Tim.Clashin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:43:45 -0500

Hello everyone,

Newbie here, I have trying to install squid 2,5 in transparent proxy mode
on a Solaris 9 box. I have installed ipfilter 4.1.1 already. My problem
right now is the configure part of squid with the option of
--enable-ipf-transparent. I am getting the usual error,

WARNING: Cannot find necessary IP-Filter header files
         Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled

From all the web searching I have done over this error. I have done the
following:

I do have the ipfilter files, ip_compat.h, ip_fil.h, and ip_nat.h, located
in /usr/include/ipfilter, and I have copied them to /usr/include. The
configure has found ip_fil.h, and ip_nat.h, but has not found ip_compat.h.
 Has anyone come across this problem? Bottom line has anyone been able to
install a transparent proxy squid server on Solaris 9 with ipfilter 4.1.1?
 My compiler is gcc 2.95.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Clashin