Re: [squid-users] reverse proxy handling

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:56:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Muthukumar wrote:

> A setup as online-server which gives dynamic content to the squid-accelerator.Squid seves the requests to multiple clients.

Ok.

> By defualt squid won't cache the dynamic content.

Depends on why it is not cacheable and what your refresh_pattern say.

> Is there a way to cache this by using the "vary_ignore_expire on" setting and changing the refresh_pattern to consider only
> for example .php files as

"vary_ignore_expire on" is only useful if your server also uses the Vary:
header. In your case I think what you are looking for is refresh_pattern.

But the object MUST be allowed to be cached by the HTTP specifications. So
first task is to figure out why the object is not cacheable.