Re: [squid-users] Re: cache_dir size not been restrained

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:30:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, babar haq wrote:

> Ok I got the problem. I am rotating swap.log. This file is not supposed
> to be rotated. Now how can I rectify the problem. Should i recreate my
> cache directories or just removing it from rotation would solve the
> problem.

As long as you shut down Squid in a controlled manner there should be no
problem from this as Squid rewrites the swap.state file on shutdown.. but
rotating the swap.stae file is a bad idea because if the file is
incomplete when Squid starts then Squid will have a very poor view of what
is in the cache directory and it can then take days before Squid has
reclaimed the forgotten cache space.. (there is a low prio background
garbage cleaner removing "forgotten" stuff from the cache directories to
deal with mishaps like this..)