[squid-users] Cache Access Denied when using cachemgr.cgi

From: Ian Clancy <ClancyIan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 19:03:32 +0100

Greetings squid users.
I'm trying to use cachemgr.cgi to view information about my squid2.5-stable5
server. However, I keep recieving an error - Cache-Access-Denied page. The
web server is apache running on the same server and I enter 'localhost' in
the Cache Host field and '8080' in the Cache Port with no username and
password.
BTW i'm using wb_group to authenticate windows domain users (ProxyUsers)
using both ntlm and basic authentication.
Here are the relevent acl and http_access lines grep'ed from squid.conf

acl InternetUsers external NT_global_group ProxyUsers
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

http_access allow InternetUsers
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny all

Anyone have any idea's what might be causing this. Any help/comments
welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Ian

not necessarily those of Connaught Electronics Ltd. Information in this