Re: [squid-users] squid on web100 patched machine

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:28:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, unixware wrote:

> have anyone tried using squid on web100 patched
> machine
> the site says it will improve tcp data transfers and
> increase throughput.

Should work fine, but I doubt it will make any difference for Squid as it
is an optimisation of very high speed networking involving single TCP
streams >100Mbps which is somewhat outside the scope of Squid to start
with.. This kind of traffic is primarily seen in Gbps or higher speed
environments..

What Internet connection do you have? If less than about 400Mbit/s (40
MByte/s) then web100 is not of any relevance to you, and if you have I
still doubt it is of any relevance to your Squid servers..

Regards
Henirk