Re: [squid-users] poor performance - what am i doing wrong?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:15:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Peter Matulis wrote:

> This is for a simple one-man dial-up connection.
> Currently my /var/squid/cache directory structure
> contains only 22 MB.

Ok. For a one-man situation there is not much benefit of a shared cache
such as Squid as your browser already caches things for you.

The main benefits of a shared cache is sharing of cached content among
multiple users.

> Do I need to do anything to increase the cache size
> other than editing squid.conf?

No, but you may want to see the Squid FAQ section on memory usage.. the
bigger your cache the more memory Squid uses.

> What sort of bandwidth savings should I expect to see
> for my situation?

Not much.