[squid-users] Configuration advice need. 10 heavy users, I want to reduce load.

From: Apollo <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:08:43 -0500

I have 10 heavy users in my office. Though we do have a nice ADSL running, I
would like to reduce the load on it by doing some more serious caching since
they mostly use same sites almost every day.
Is there anything I can do to make my caching more efficient. Each user pulls
about 100 Megs of cachable content each day and it is only growing since they
are using much more to work with their clients.

System is a 1Ghz Pentium with 640Megs of RAM and two ATA100 60Gig drives (EXT3
file system).

Here is my squid.conf

http_port 192.168.100.101:8080
icp_port 3130
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY
cache_dir ufs /large/cache 500 8 32
cache_log /var/log/squid/cache.log
cache_access_log /var/log/squid/access.log
cache_store_log /var/log/squid/store.log
cache_swap_log /var/log/squid/swap.log
logfile_rotate 10

Visit CARMEL MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT website http://carmelme.com