Re: [squid-users] DNS double query

From: dtom <dtom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:37:17 +0900

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, dtom wrote:
>
> > > Have you by any chance disabled the ipcache?
> >
> > Yes,but I don't know how to disable the ipcache.
>
> Have you touched any of the ipcache or dns directives in squid.conf?
>
> egrep 'ipcache|dns' squid.conf | grep -v '^#'

Yes.

== squid.conf
ipcache_size 16384
ipcache_low 93
ipcache_high 95
dns_retransmit_interval 3 seconds
dns_nameservers A.A.A.A B.B.B.B C.C.C.C

> > Temporarily disable the use of the dst acls in your http_access,
> > cache_peer_access etc access lists, then monitor DNS usage.
>
> I did but got same result.

I'm sorry. This was mistaken information.
If I disabled dst acls, cache_peer_access, always_direct, never_direct
..., Squid injected no DNS query.
I enabled again, Squid injected double DNS query again.