[squid-users] transparent filtering

From: Dhaval Patel <list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:20:46 -0000

Hello all, I am new to the list. I have recently setup squid-cache and squidguard on our
local network. It works very well when I manually configure a browser to use the proxy.
What I would like to do is transparently cache users so that I would not have to go and
change settings on all computers. I have been looking into the HOWTO at
(http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy-4.html). I am a bit confused about the
iptable rules. I would be interesetd in method 2 which works for http 1.1 and 1.0
traffic. My setup is the following. I have a linux server which is the firewall and
router. This is also the server that will run squid. I would be looking to implement
rules to forward outbound http connections through squid. Does anyone have this setup or
can perhaps help me figure out what the iptables statements should be?

Thanks,
Dhaval