Re: [squid-users] interpreting results of cachemgr.cgi

From: Andreas Pettersson <andpet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:04:21 +0200

Using "URL Redirector Stats" you should be able to estimate how many
redirector children you need.

Invert "avg service time" to find out how many requests/s one child can
handle.
(i.e. a svc time of 50 ms gives you 1 / 0.050 = 20 req/s).

Redirector children capable of handling twice as many requests as during
peak time should be more than enough. But this you can verify by checking
how many requests squid has sent to each child.

/Andreas