[squid-users] URLs with no .s in them

From: Daniel Corbe <dcorbe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:29:47 -0400

Hey,

I'm using URLs from my client PCs with no .s in them, just the host name
without the domain name

for example: mars as opposed to mars.resultstel.com since the local
resolvers are all configured to search .resultstel.com

and I get the following error even though the squid box itself is
capable of resolving "mars":
bash-2.05b# host mars
mars.resultstel.com has address 146.82.194.225

I even tried using this config option:
append_domain .resultstel.com

to no avail.

What do I do to fix it?

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: /bb/

The following error was encountered:

Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
Missing hostname
Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
Your cache administrator is webmaster.