Re: [squid-users] URLs with no .s in them

From: Ariel Molina Rueda <ariel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:00:17 -0500

Squid uses the DNS in /etc/resolv.conf
Check that it points to a manchine that knows who is mars.

Try
host mars

if mars is part of, say a domain mars.mydomain.com
add a line in /etc/resolv.conf at the top:

search mydomain.com

For example, i work in a machine named 'amnesia' but im part of domain
fismat.umich.mx, so in the dns i write

search fismat.umich.mx
nameserver 148.x.x.x <--- ip of my nameserver

with this, when i do

ping amnesia

my dns automatically adds .fismat.umich.mx and so im pinging
amnesia.fismat.umich.mx, and it works.