Re: [squid-users] almost 100% CPU usage

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:40:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Marco Bresciani wrote:

> It happens that, as soon as I make a request that is not available through
> the cached things, the squid process goes to about 97-98 CPU percentage.

Odd..

Does "squid -k debug" give any hints in cache.log what your Squid is
doing?

> I've tried to touch the /dev/null file as described in the 11.46 FAQ
> section but it doesn't work.

This is only relevant if you chroot your Squid, and is then seen
immediately on startup, not on the first request.

Note: /dev/null needs to be the null device, not a regular file "ls -l
/dev/null" should show something like

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 Apr 11 2002 /dev/null

(note the c in front of the permissions and the odd numbers where the
filesize is normally seen).