[squid-users] Re: Re: Re: delay pools help

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:00:12 -0400

Payal Rathod wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 09:44:05AM -0400, Adam Aube wrote:
>> # 64 Kbps sustained; 12 KB initial burst (downloaded at full speed)

> Does this mean that when say IP 192.168.1.99 starts browsing, first time
> she will get speed of 12Kb but later it will be maximum of 64KB?

No. It means the first 12 KB (kilobytes) downloaded will be at full speed,
and anything beyond that will be limited to 64 Kbps (kilobits). If the
delay pool remains idle for about 2 seconds, the 12 KB burst will be
restored.

If you don't want to allow this burst, change the number after the / to be
the same as the number before it.

> Also, will your last mail solution save me some bandwidth? What I
> essentially want is retrict all the users (except 2) to use just 64KBps
> between ALL of them. Is this right then?

Yes. Class 1 delay pool limits are totals for all users in the delay pool.

Adam