RE: [squid-users] Error with Squid_LDAP_Auth.exe on Win2K

From: Helpdesk <helpdesk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:10:29 +1000

Unfortunately, I am already using Guidos NT port of Squid. (Well not really unfortunately, since everything else seems to be working pretty well... :) )

I have tried both of the 2.5STABLE5 downloads and a 2.5STABLE4 download.

The two STABLE5 binaries gave me the same application error. (They have slightly different times so I am guessing they were complied separately.) "Squid_LDAP_Auth.exe - Application Error. The instruction at 0x77952d58 referenced memory at 0x00000011. The memory could not be read." As well there is a Doctor Watson error stating "The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 04/20/2004 @ 10:49:12.734 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 77952D58 (ldap_count_valuesA)". Exception c0000005 appears to be an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error (If that means anything to you...) For testing purposes I am running squid as Local System and am logged in as the Local Administrator when running the command line.

It is kind of interesting because if I run the command line it seams to work OK until I enter both a username and a password. (i.e. I enter the command line and it waits for input. If I type "philld" and press <enter> it displays err. If I type "philld password" and press enter, it throws up the error.

I am more than willing to put some time in this but as I am not much of a programmer, I know very little about compiling and porting.

Regards,

John