[squid-users] Squid 2.5 MSIE windows dialin

From: Laurent de Villiers <ldevilliers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:24:14 +0200

I'm running Squid 2.5 stable 5 on a Redhat 9 box. I'm using ntlm
authentication with winbind from Samba 3.0.0. My problem is that when
dialing into a Windows NT4 ras server with a Windows 2000 pro client using
MSIE 6.0 the authentication prompt is not displayed. I have setup proxy
autoconfig through both dhcp (windows 2000 server) and a dns cname record to
a wpad.dat on an IIS server. I have also setup proxy settings manualy on
the dialup entry under MSIE6. Squid works on the lan.

Thanks in advance.

Laurent de Villiers