[squid-users] Problem with Authentication with certs

From: <bh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:26:43 -0400 (EDT)

I am running squid 2.5 using winbind authentication (with basic as a
backup). It has been working great for close to a year now on both http
and https sites.

Recently, we have run into problems with certain sites. These are sites
that use https, but require the user to accept a PKI certificate before
they can access the site. On the squid proxy with authentication, the
user does not get prompted to accept the certificate and gets a connection
failure message. The entries in access.log are 407 errors which I
normally see on a failed authentication. Using the same computer and
browser, I can point to another squid proxy that does not use
authentication and I get prompted for the certificate just fine. I can
point to a netscape proxy (no authentication) and it works.

Any ideas on why squid with authenitcation is not able to connect to these
sites?

Brian