RE: [squid-users] Error with Squid_LDAP_Auth.exe on Win2K

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:52:05 +0200

Hi,

At 08.10 20/04/2004, Helpdesk wrote:

>Unfortunately, I am already using Guidos NT port of Squid. (Well not
>really unfortunately, since everything else seems to be working pretty
>well... :) )
>
>I have tried both of the 2.5STABLE5 downloads and a 2.5STABLE4 download.
>
>The two STABLE5 binaries gave me the same application error. (They have
>slightly different times so I am guessing they were complied separately.)
>"Squid_LDAP_Auth.exe - Application Error. The instruction at 0x77952d58
>referenced memory at 0x00000011. The memory could not be read." As well
>there is a Doctor Watson error stating "The application, , generated an
>application error The error occurred on 04/20/2004 @ 10:49:12.734 The
>exception generated was c0000005 at address 77952D58
>(ldap_count_valuesA)". Exception c0000005 appears to be an
>EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error (If that means anything to you...) For
>testing purposes I am running squid as Local System and am logged in as
>the Local Administrator when running the command line.
>
>It is kind of interesting because if I run the command line it seams to
>work OK until I enter both a username and a password. (i.e. I enter the
>command line and it waits for input. If I type "philld" and press <enter>
>it displays err. If I type "philld password" and press enter, it throws up
>the error.

Found the problem:

It was a my mistake releasing the binaries:

WLDAP32.LIB provided with Visual Studio 6 is buggy, the library from SDK
must be used instead. Unfortunately when I build the STABLE5 binaries, I
was using the Visual Studio libraries ....

I will update the binaries distribution with updated LDAP helpers ASAP.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/