[squid-users] Security bug in squid LDAP authentication

From: <ashish.uchil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:10:55 +0530

All,

I am using squid with LDAP modules to authenticate to various Win 2k ADS .
Each user gets a pop up dialogue box to authenticate himself each time he
tries to browse the internet.
If passwords are saved in browsers they get saved in the registry and is
easily hackable.
Thus if anyone could suggest any method by which i can directly pass on my
Windows logon credentials to Squid server.
Something like a single signon design .
This would enable high security .
I just read somewhere that it is possible using NTLM authentication.
Would be glad if someone could brief me on that.

regards,
Ashish