[squid-users] Delay pools can't work with accelerator??

From: Nguyen Viet Hai <viethai2001@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:54:36 +0700

I'm using Slackware 9.1, squid-STABLE-2.5 (with --enable-delay-pools
compiling option) as proxy server. The client of proxy is a Windows 98 box.
When using browser to load web pages or download file, the delay pools of
squid does good jobs. It limit the bandwidth for windows 98 box as my
settings in the squid.conf.

But when i use a download accelerator (FlashGet) in Windows98 box to
download file. Ofcourse, i have set FlashGet to use Proxy squid. Using
IPTraf to monitor traffic, I realize that:
+ The Internet link from my proxy use all of bandwidth it has
+ The ethernet link to windows 98 box has the speed I have settings in the
squid.conf

=> squid can't do bandwidth control right when using with a download
accelerator.

Anyone has idea? If can, plz tell me why?