[squid-users] Another delay pools help?

From: Nguyen Viet Hai <viethai2001@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:59:08 +0700

I have configured squid's delay pools to do bandwidth control. It does good.

When doing download, a client only take 4Kbs while my Internet link is
56Kbs.
A client is a PC which windows 98 installed. Client connect to squid proxy
through ethernet link.

But when I change the rules for bandwidth controlling (say 8Kbs in replacing
for 4Kbs) in squid.conf, then run command:
./squid -k reconfigure

After that, the delay pools doesn't do my rules (neither old rules nor new
rules). My client downding's take all my Internet bandwidth (56Kbs).

So in order to take in account my new rules, i have to run
./squid -k interrupt

Then, run
./squid

And after that, restart my client's download from the beginning. But this
thing is so bad, esspecially when my client download has take 50% and is a
big dowdload size.

does anyone have resolution for this?