Re: [squid-users] Why is squid passing garbage

From: Prashant Kumar <prashk@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Apr 2004 08:01:17 +0100

No Henrik, I'm pretty sure the user is typing correctly. Funny
characters are being passed on to my external authenticator. if I
restart squid then it works fine. Problem is intermittent

My parameters are :

auth_param basic program /etc/squid/kiosk/extauth.plx basic
auth_param basic realm Kiosk Basic Authentication
auth_param basic children 3
auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 minutes

authenticate_ip_ttl 30 minutes
authenticate_ttl 30 minutes

acl user_passwords proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl concurrent_clients max_user_ip -s 1

http_access allow user_passwords !concurrent_clients

I think the last change to my config was to set up max_user_ip. Is there
any way to debug this by increasing the squid logging?

All my clients have static IP addresses and I gie them a username and
password which is valid for 30 min (my ext auth prints ERR and kicks
them out after 30 min)

Thanks
Prash