Re: [squid-users] FAQ - 5.13 IE 6.0 SP1 fails when using authentication

From: Karl Kopper <karl_kopper@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:57:31 -0700

> >> Another possible workaround to these problems is to make the
> >> ERR_CACHE_ACCESS_DENIED larger than 1460 bytes. This should trigger IE
> >> to handle the authentication in a slightly different manner.
> >
> > Is this a config file change or source code change?
>
> Neither. A change in the ERR_CACHE_ACCESS_DENIED error page. See the
> errors directory.

Sorry, I still don't understand. What change is being suggested here? Are
you saying to increase the size of this error message file by adding
extraneous error message text to it? (The English version of this file on my
2.5.STABLE2 source tree is 1069 bytes, in /usr/lib/squid/errors it is 748
bytes).

> > Which source code file is it in? I looked around but couldn't find any
> > documentation on this. Has anyone had any luck with this workaround?
>
> There has been reports about success using this yes. It is also mentioned
> in a MS KB article (number unknown).

FYI, I just searched the MS KB for ERR_CACHE_ACCESS_DENIED and it returned
no hits.

--Karl