RE: [squid-users] Squid as HTTP accelerator

From: Herman (ISTD) <herman_ang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:44:01 +0700

Hi Hendrik,

Oh, I see .. so we put our squid machine as our front web server. Web
clients from Internet will talk to squid, and squid will talk to our
real web server and pass the information to the web clients. In my
understanding, the squid will cache some data that sometimes web client
request just fetch the data from squid.

Despite the function describe above, is there any great benefit provided
by this mode of HTTP Accelerator ? And how relevant is this mode used by
web publishing nowadays ?

Thank you.

Regards,

herman