Re: [squid-users] Transparent squid on FreeBSD 4.8

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:42:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, [ks_c_5601-1987] 快措全 wrote:

> WARNING: Cannot find necessary IP-Filter header files
> Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled
> so, i install without [--enable-ipf-transparent] options, just ./configure and make and make install
>
> 5. and, squid.conf
> http_port 3128
> httpd_accel_host virtual

This requres transparent proxy support. Without transparent proxy setup it
is better to use
httpd_accel_host your.main.website

and any clients not sending Host: headers will be sent there instead of
causing a forwarding loop where Squid tries to contact itself.. (original
destination lost due to lack of transparent proxy support).

> , i judge but squid isn't work now,
> and packet just pass bridge and ipfw.

I am not an FreeBSD expert so I am of little help on why your firewalling
bridge does not redirect the sessions to Squid.