RE: [squid-users] NTLM helper performance problem

From: SXB6300 Mailing <SXB6300@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:46:36 +0200

I'm completely convinced of the performance lost using NTLM authentication, but
if I'm right, it's the only way to do a transparent authentication for a client
using IE. That's why I'm trying it...

I'm actually testing a new conf without challenge reuse, but I got no "luck" today,
no peak time until now. I'll post results as soon as I get some.
As NTLMv2 is supported since samba 3.0.2 (I think), is there a way to do NTLMv2
authentication in squid (I've heard of a registry key to modify in Windows for the
client side)? To see if it may change something...

Regards,

        Pierre-Emmanuel