Re: [squid-users] Invalid Request Errors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:53:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Serge Paquin wrote:

> Soon after I start the service people can't log into hotmail, yahoo,
> ebay or others. They can get to the home pages but not log in.
>
> As well there are various other sites that people cannot get to.
>
> I get log entries like:
>
> 2004/04/25 22:10:46| clientReadRequest: FD 335 Invalid Request
> 2004/04/25 22:10:46| parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method
> 'recipientid=112&sessionid=3408^M
> ^M
> '

Odd. This looks like a malformed request stream, where some POST data is
read as the next request...

> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved

> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://pancanal.com/
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Connection Failed
> The system returned:
>
> (113) No route to hostThe remote host or network may be down. Please
> try the request again.
>
> Your cache administrator is spaquin@becon.org.

This is quite normal.. as the connection is intercepted before it is known
if the reqested web site is up or not it is not Squid who has to report
connection failures.

If you find that some sites is no longer reachable then you may be running
into ECN blackholes on the Internet. See Squid FAQ on Linux for
workarounds.