[squid-users] Re: Mirroring Windows Update and Squid Accelerator (2.5 Stable3)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:13:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 sampei02@tiscali.it wrote:

> How is'it possible making my own CA trusted by the clients ?

You need to get your CA certificate installed in each clients list of
trusted CAs.

> Where can I get Windows Update SSL certificate to locate inside my squid
> accelerator ?

You can't. You need to fake your own and make the clients trust your faked
one as being microsoft.

> What do you suggest me ? Pheraps it's better going to Squid 3 ?!

Won't help.

What will help is to use the Microsoft update service to set up a
true local distribution point for windows updates. This way you do not
need to mess around with faking the windows update site, just have the
clients reconfigured to use your update service instead of Microsoft.