[squid-users] Squid as a Reverse Proxy and (Sticky) Load Balancer

From: Jake Gold <jake@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:43:38 -0700

Hi everyone,

I would like to know the current status of using Squid as a Reverse Proxy and (Sticky) Load Balancer. I've Google'd and searched the mailing list archives.

I found this in an email:

--snip--
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:16:11 +0200 (CEST)
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:

> This function is not yet in mainline Squid, but can be found in the rproxy
> patch at the location above..
--snip--

Is any/all of this functionality available yet in "mainline" Squid?

Is there any patch/squid version that would be stable enough to use in production (with appropriate testing)?

I would like to have a hardware load balancer in front of a group of (Squid) reverse proxies doing sticky load balancing to backend web/app servers.

Is anyone on this list using Squid for this purpose, is there a common solution? Uncommon? ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Jake