Re: [squid-users] Is it worth caching .html files?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 18:29:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Jason McNeil wrote:

> Hi there I've had some recent complaints from users about receiving
> stale pages despite hitting their reload/refrsh buttons.

Are you doing transparent interception? If you have make sure to have the
browser configured to use the proxy.

If you do have the browser configured to use the proxy then make sure the
clock of the proxy server is reasonably correct.

You are only supposed to need to do a "Shift+Reload" in the unlikely event
that the clock of the origin server suddenly goes backwards.. but if you
are transparently intercepting port 80 then the browsers does not know
about the cache and does not always indicate "reload" when the reload
button is used (without Shift+Reload).