Re: [squid-users] Authentication to Active Directory

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:08:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Flavio Borup wrote:

> In my opinion I don't need the NTLM stuff when I use the AD system
> Is this correct ?

It depends. If you want automatic login to the proxy then you need NTLM.

> No. When a client does not recognize Kerberos (Win 9X, NT) it falls
> back to NTLM

And in addition Squid does not yet implement the SPNEGO over HTTP scheme,
and Samba has some minor issues left to prune out before this is a
reality to AD (for Squid).

In squid you have the choices of NTLM, Basic or Digest authentication.
NTLM and Basic can be connected to AD.